Essex LMC Guidance
- Easter Opening – We are with you on this journey and available on Good Friday and Easter Monday if you do need to contact us. Please e-mail and your enquiry will be directed to an LMC officer.
- Complaints template letter during COVID-19 Complaints fall into the amber category in the BMA/RCGP workload prioritisation document. It advises practices to consider a standard response to delay formal response during COVID-19 outbreak
- Essex LMC Operational Update for GP practices COVID19
- LMC guidance on the requirement for Med3 – Covid 19 Sick Notes
- Template Letter for Patient Use Employer template letter re Med Certs COVID-19
- For patients that require certification when self-isolating – 111.nhs.uk isolation-note
Arrangements are in place to indemnify healthcare professionals through state indemnity schemes Read more
Greater Essex Bereavement Support
Essex Child and Family Wellbeing Service
Link Health Visitors and virtual MDT meetings 30 April 2020
Essex Resilience Forum
Volunteer Good Practice Guide Code of Conduct. 20 April 2020
Its purpose is to provide those coordinating volunteers/volunteering with a common approach, in order to:
- Maximise opportunity for interoperability between volunteer groups
- Minimise exposure to risk for all stakeholders
- CQC Letter to GPs April 2020`
- CQC Covid19 Update 15 April 2020
- CQC Regulation 16 Form – Myth-buster 13 April 2020
A written confirmation has been received via email from Dr Tom Davis, Medical Director EEAST including the bulletin being sent to EEAST crews today that an electronic signature will be acceptable for DNACPR forms.
These will be valid if completed remotely, and also valid if they are not completed on the EEAST template form (i.e. on an Ardens template). 8 April 2020
WHO – Modes of transmission of virus causing COVID-19: implications for IPC precaution recommendations
- Scientific brief PHE PPE letter dated 28th March 2020
- Covid-19: BMJ a remote assessment in primary care
- Red Whale: Updated COVID-19 Pearl and Remote Consulting Survival Guide
- Vulnerable Patients – at-risk-patient-letter-21 March-2020
Vulnerable Patients – Role of General Practice during Covid 19 BMA/RCGP/NHSE
Child Protection Conferences
- ESCB Letter to partners re. CP Conferences 25 March 2020
Self Isolation – Pregnancy
- covid19-pregnancy-guidance-2118 21st March 2020
Joint guidance from BMA GPC, RCGP and NHSE on what you can safely stop, and what you should continue.
This is a really helpful document Workload Prioritisation
If you start to approach the point of potential practice closure please ensure you contact your CCG Primary Care Team for advice and guidance as well as the LMC office.
We recommend that your surgery doors should be closed to patient footfall and that you operate a model of telephone triage first. An overwhelming majority of consultations and need can be addressed remotely. A tiny minority of patients may need to come into the surgery on an invitation-only basis for a defined appointment and reason.
Appointments should be called by admin teams to advise that they may be subject to cancellation or rescheduling and will take place remotely wherever possible. A poster to help you designed by CAMS LMC can be downloaded here
Self-isolation for health workers
- hotel accommodation for nhs staff 20th March 2o2o
- Letter from Prof Powis to ROs and MDs 19 March 2020
Guidance and standard operating procedures Coronavirus (COVID-19) and general practice
- Managing coronavirus COVID-19 in general practice-GP-SOP 19th March 2020
FSRH – Essential Services in Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare
- position essential SRH services during Covid 19th March 2020
NHS England and NHS Improvement
- IMPORTANT AND URGENT Next Steps on NHS Response to COVID-19 17th March 2020
Infection Prevention and Control
- Guidance for pandemic coronavirus
- COVID19 ECDC guidance – wearing and removing personal protective equipment
This important information has now been moved to its own dedicated page.
NHSE / PHE- Prescription duration
- To make sure that supply chains are maintained and prevent some from stockpiling new prescription guidance has been produced Read more 9th March 2020
Wellbeing Support Services
- The BMA has a 24/7 counseling line for ALL doctors and medical students (not just BMA members).
- As appropriate, callers may be signposted to their Peer Support Service where doctors can speak to other doctors for emotional support. They are actively expanding the capacity of this service to ensure readiness as the crisis unfolds.
- It is important doctors know they are there, and members’ wellbeing is their absolute priority so please actively promote.