Essex LMC Buying Group was established in 2008 with the assistance of Trent LMCs Buying Group. The Buying Group Federation now covers 41 LMC areas and has in the region of 5,300 member practices.
The sole purpose of the Buying Group is to save practices money by negotiation discounts on goods and services which practices regularly use. There is no obligation on practices to take up any of the negotiated deals, although the more business suppliers obtain, the better the prices they can offer us in the future. Negotiations for discounted deals are managed by a central negotiating team, based in Nottinghamshire LMC.
Practices are still welcome to take up the ‘Challenge Gary’ initiative. Gary Burns of “Burns Associates” will carry out a prices comparison on a range of services currently used by practices against discounts offered by the Buying Group suppliers. Contact the LMC office for further details if you would be interested in challenging Gary!
Suppliers and deals
Since the establishment of the Essex Buying Group, the list of suppliers and deals available to practices has grown significantly. Discounts are available to you from the following non-exhaustive list:
- Asbestos & Environment Surveys – ASI Environmental
- Confidential Waste Shredding – Shred-it
- Disclosure and Barring Service Checks – Avon LMC Ltd
- Digital Dictation Software – Lexacom
- Emergency Oxygen – Air Liquide
- Flu Vaccines – 2017/18 deals have been emailed to practices on the 2nd November 2016
- Insurance Brokerage – MIAB
- Magazine Subscription Packages – DLT Magazines
- Managed Print Solutions – Whittaker Office Solutions
- Medical Consumables & Equipment – MidMeds
- Medical Record Digital Reproduction – Scan and Collate
- Online Training – Blue Stream Academy
- Practice Intranet Stystem – Intradoc 247
- Staff Uniforms – Alexandra
- Stationery & Office Equipment – Whittaker Office Solutions
- Telecoms – Atech Systems
- Testing & Calibration – MidMeds
- Travax Website Subscription – LMC Buying Group
- Utilities (gas and electricity) – United UtilitiesWaste Management – Trade/Feminine Hygiene – Greenzone
- Water Coolers – Whittaker Office Solutions
- Website Design – Surgery Link
Further information can be found on the Federation’s website (www.lmcbuyinggroups.co.uk)
Accessing the site
Practices need to register to obtain a user name and password to access this site.